Fishing in Canada - Get Fishing in Canada License
Canada has one of the most valuable commercial industries for fishing in the world. This industry provides more than 120,000 Canadian jobs and is worth more than $5 billion each year. Approximately 1,500 communities in coastal and rural Canada benefit from this as an economic mainstay. In order to obtain a fishing license in Canada, you first need to understand the rules and regulations.
- Canadian Sportfishing: Information on sport fishing in Canada.
- Catch Fishing: Informational website on catch fishing and catch fishing in Canada.
- Hunter’s and Angler’s Lottery: Information on an annual lottery held for anglers and hunters.
Fishing Regulations in Canada
There are many fishing regulations that need to be adhered to when fishing in Canada. Some of them are according to your specific province, while others are geared towards general regions. Some fishing regulations include the types of fishing methods allowed, as well as restrictions on the type of species you are allowed to catch. Other regulations cover how to handle your catch, fishing in national parks and quotas and size limits. These regulations are update sporadically, so it is important to keep up to date with the current regulations synopsis.
- Freshwater Fishing Regulations: Informational resource from the Ministry of Natural Resource Operations that provides information on freshwater fishing regulations in Canada.
- Fishing Regulations, Ontario, Canada: Information on the fishing regulations that are set in Ontario, Canada.
- Alberta, Canada Fishing Regulations: Article that describes, in detail, the fishing regulations that are set forth in Alberta, Canada.
- Alberta Guide to Fishing Regulations: Detailed guide to the regulations in Alberta for 2010; effective until March 31, 2011.
Obtaining a Fishing License
There are different types of licenses available to those interested in fishing in Canada. In order to do so, you first need to determine how long you will need this license for. You have a choice between annual licenses, one-day licenses and eight-day license. The actual fee that you pay depends on the province or territory where you reside, or if you are a resident of another country. You may purchase as many one and eight-day licenses as needed, but only one annual license is permitted.
- Fast Facts About Ontario Outdoors Cards and Dishing Licenses: Detailed information on obtaining a fishing license for Ontario residents, Canadian residents outside of Ontario and non-Canadian residents.
- Freshwater Fishing E-License: Information on E-Licenses and how to obtain one either online or through one of the local vendors.
- Saskatchewan Angling License Order Form: Order form for residents of Saskatchewan to order his or her fishing license.
Popular Fishing Locations
Some of the more popular fishing locations in Canada include Ontario and Saskatchewan. Other popular fishing locations include British Columbia, Manitoba and Yukon fishing areas. One of the most famous places to fish in all of Canada is the Campbell River. This river is popular because of the salmon. One of the most popular fishing locations for trout and pike is the Great Slave Lake.
- Top Fishing Regions: Brief information on the different regions in Canada that are the most popular.
- Canadian Fishing Trips: Article that discusses fishing trips in Canada.
- Canadian Fishing Destinations: Article with links to different resources on the fishing locations in Canada.
- Canadian Drive-In, Fly-In and Boat-In Fishing Trips: Information on freshwater fishing in Canada including a list of some popular fishing locations.
In order to take part in this large and profitable industry in Canada, you need to obtain a fishing in Canada license. A license can generally be purchased at a fishing or sporting goods store. In addition to a license, you need to ensure that you fully understand the rules and regulations of fishing in Canada. You may also need to obtain special permits for some parks and recreational centers.
- Canadian Angling: Article resource on different aspects of fishing in Canada.
- Canada’s Fishing Directory: List of Provinces in Canada to obtain more information on fishing in Canada.
- Sydney Lake: Information on fly-in fishing trips in Ontario, Canada at the Sydney Lake Lodge.
- Canadian Fly-In Fishing: Trip information for fly-in fishing in Red Lake, Ontario.