Deep Sea Fishing
The appeal of deep sea fishing is not difficult to understand. The wide open ocean, the large game, the challenge of catching these magnificent and elusive deep sea fish is appetizing enough for anyone with a love or interest in fishing for sport. In America alone, there are hundreds of deep sea fishing vessels available for charter, to experience the thrill and reward of fishing the open sea. Some beginners choose to go on a "party boat" instead of a private charter boat, for more of a guided tour experience.
Deep Sea Fishing is the act of fishing in the open salt water sea or ocean for big game fish. Commonly sought after deep sea fish include marlin, various types of tuna, shark, and swordfish. Because the fish found in the open water are much larger than that of land locked fish, deep sea fishers use a much thicker and stronger version of a land pole with much stronger fishing line. In some cases, the fisherman may want to consider wearing a pole belt. Marlin, for instance, are extremely strong and may be too much to handle without proper anchoring items. Live bait is most often used for deep sea fishing; including minnows, cut up larger fish, and even squid. Some fishermen do prefer to use artificial bait, but when doing so keep in mind the limited visibility underwater. Those fisherman recommend choosing tackle that is very bright to contrast with the darkness of the ocean.
If you remain unclear on where and how to fish, chartering a boat with an experienced fisherman can be an ideal solution. Also renting your equipment, to limit your initial investment, may be a wise choice. Even if you have experience on boats in the past, be prepared for the potential of motion sickness. The open ocean tends to be harsher than most inland bodies of water. Research any necessary medications, techniques, or items before your trip to curb this potential experience.
Many organizations have been created by fisherman to preserve and conserve America&rsquos various fishing areas. These organizations also fight to limit the government restrictions on access to these bodies of water. Without the effort of these organizations, deep sea fishing could be in danger of being outlawed. Being prepared, understanding the geography, and the ecosystem involved in the deep sea, is important to get the most out of your fishing excursion. Many coastal State websites&rsquo boast various links providing information on the best places to rent charter boats and how to successfully and safely go deep sea fishing.
- Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation: This non-profit organization recognizes the need for raised awareness on the preservation of boating and fishing, by fairly regulating waterways.
- Keep America Fishing: An organization that promotes the continued use and minimum access restrictions to all American Waterways through conservation and science.
- America Sportfishing Association: This organization supports the preservation and conservation for all bodies of water to keep America fishing.
- The Village&rsquos Deep Sea Fishing Club: Florida based club that holds meetings, shares recipes, stories, and more; all for the love of deep sea fishing.
- The Deep Sea: This is an informational website on what exactly the deep sea is and what the oceans floor looks like. A better understanding of the ocean itself leads to a better understanding on how to properly fish in it.
- Deep Sea Creatures: This website uses cartoon graphics to illustrate what kind of creatures and the environment one can expect themselves to find when they venture out into the deep sea.
- Deep Sea Fish: A catalog of all known deep sea fish, with descriptions, pictures, and links.
- Into the Abyss: PBS.org provides an informational article with pictures on what you can expect to find out in the deep ocean abyss.
- Battling Sea Sickness: Any deep sea fishing beginner on a boat can expect to experience a little sea sickness. This educational article provides information on what sea sickness is and what you can do to battle it.
- Fishing Guides: This website allows the user to browse and purchase fishing guides based on their specific needs.
- Where to Fish in Salt Water: This site uses five environmental factors to help you decide where the best place is for you to drop a line in the ocean.
- How Deep Do Deep Sea Fish Live?: NASA provides this fun fact about how deep the deepest ocean fish was recorded as living.
- Hazards of Deep Sea Fishing: National Institute of Health provides an abstract and links to the complete article regarding the hazards of this activity.
- Salt Water Fishing Guide: Massachusetts&rsquo State website provides a comprehensive information on the rules, regulations, and where to purchase bait and tackle for recreational fishing, and competitive fishing off the coast of Massachusetts.
- Government Information on Fishing in America: This government website pools together information from a variety of government websites to provide you with the best known answer on questions, like the regulations associated with recreational fishing.
- Sword Fishing Central: This websites provides information on every aspect of hunting down and catching these beautiful fish.
- Angler&rsquos Addiction: This websites focuses on one of techniques used in deep sea fishing called angling.
- Florida Fishing: On The Relentless: Key West boasts some of the most fantastic fishing. You can experience this adventure as Hemingway did aboard the charter boat entitled Relentless.
- Deep Sea Fishing Destination: Oregon Coast: New Port Trade Wind&rsquos website provides information and prices to go deep sea fishing off the Oregon coast.
- Deep Sea Fishing Destination: New England: This website provides ample information on deep sea fishing in the popular fishing destination, Gloucester, Massachusetts.
- Deep Sea Fishing Destination: Maine: This state sponsored website promotes various fishing trips by providing information on boats for hire on the Maine coast.
- Deep Sea Fishing Destination: Virgina: The state of Virgina&rsquos website offers many coastal and deep sea fishing excursions to help you plan your next trip.
- Deep Sea Fishing Destination: Mississippi Gulf Coast: This website offers information on fantastic locations to fish in and provides links to plan a charter trip in the area.
- Deep Sea Fishing Destination: Hawaii: An informational website on best places to go deep sea fishing in and around Hawaii.
- Deep Sea Fishing Destination: Malibu Pier: This California government website provides information on Malibu area fishing and deep sea fishing charters.