Fishing Alaska on Dollars a Day
Fishing Alaska on Dollars a Day shows how you can inexpensively fish the best steelhead, trout, char and salmon waters in Alaska's 23-million acre Chugach and Tongass National Forests. Profusely illustrated with over 150 maps, photographs and charts, this book provides you with hundreds of practical and indispensable tips on accommodations, fish migrations, stream and lake locations, as well as valuable fish-catching advice. Anglers experienced in the world's best sportfishing, as well as novices, will benefit from this book.
What the Experts Say
Fishing Alaska on Dollars a Day is "very interesting and unique ... this book offers very useful information that could save you lots of bucks on a fishing trip to Alaska ..."
- Don Carpenter, Maryland Gazette
"Chris and Adela Batin, probably Alaska's most outstanding outdoor communicators, have written and compiled a 350-page guidebook chock full of fish, locations, maps and all necessary how-to facts to do Alaska inexpensively. It's very detailed."
- Bob Kutz, Freshwater Fishing Hall of Fame
If you've dreamed about an Alaska adventure but can't afford the $2,000 to $4,000 price tag for most outfitted trips, this book (is) the answer."
- Tom Fegely, Allentown Morning Call
This Book Provides you With:
- Names and locations of over 375 Alaska steelhead waters
- Over 200 blue-ribbon cutthroat streams and lakes
- Detailed topographic maps and fishing charts
- The most effective flies and lures to use, where to fish, and the techniques used by the experts.
- Comprehensive listing and information on all Alaska region U.S. Forest Service cabins, locations, boat availability, facilities and nearby attractions.
- Areas for big game, grouse and waterfowl hunting opportunities, as well as specifics on hiking, sightseeing, exploring and wildlife viewing.
- Remote, designated wilderness fishing areas only a handful of people visit each year!